Salt Lake City Bad Faith Insurance Attorney
Like any other type of business, insurance companies have an obligation to handle claims with honesty, transparency, and timeliness. Unfortunately, accident victims often find the reality is very different. When an insurer delays, denies, or undervalues a claim without a legitimate reason for doing so, it is acting in “bad faith.”
No insurer has the authority to disregard your legal rights as an injury victim. If you were injured in a car accident in the Salt Lake City area, and you suspect you’ve been a victim of bad faith insurance, you should speak to a personal injury lawyer right away. Attorney Darwin Overson has more than three decades of experience holding insurance companies accountable for bad faith practices.
You are already suffering from your injuries. You shouldn’t have to suffer even more because a greedy, dishonest insurance company is putting its bottom line ahead of your health and medical care. Call Darwin at (801) 895-3143 to set up a free and confidential legal consultation today.
- Common Warning Signs You’re a Victim of Bad Faith Insurance
- Was Your Insurance Claim Denied After an Accident? Our Salt Lake City Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help
Common Warning Signs You’re a Victim of Bad Faith Insurance
Insurance companies sometimes engage in unethical, illegal tactics in an effort to minimize their financial losses. This benefits the insurance company – at expense of the injury victim.
While there are valid reasons to deny an insurance claim – for example, causing an accident through intentional conduct, such as choosing to drink and drive – bad faith insurance involves denying a claim without a valid reason. Have you experienced any of the following situations when trying to make a claim? If so, you may be a victim of bad faith insurance.
- The insurer never answers your calls or calls you back. It’s normal to miss a call here and there, but ongoing communication breakdowns are a major red flag that the insurer is acting in bad faith by deliberately avoiding you.
- The insurer refuses to give you an explicit reason for denying the claim. Sometimes, insurers will recruit “experts” – who are clearly biased in the insurance company’s favor – to offer up opinions that work against the claimant.
- The insurer tries to settle your claim for less than it is actually worth. There’s a difference between negotiating a settlement and deliberately undervaluing a claim despite being aware of the victim’s medical and property damage costs.
- The insurer changes the terms of the policy without notifying the claimant. This is a thinly-veiled attempt to conceal important information from the person who needs to know about it most.
- The insurer unnecessarily drags out the investigation. This tactic is designed to wear the claimant down and obstruct the process of getting compensated.
- The insurer requires you to submit excessive amounts of documentation. Insurers sometimes create artificial paperwork hurdles for claimants in an effort to discourage them, hoping they will simply get frustrated and give up.
- The insurer resorts to harassment or intimidation in an effort to scare or discourage you. Using deception, threats, or intimidation is a blatant violation of your legal rights.
Was Your Insurance Claim Denied After an Accident? Our Salt Lake City Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help
It’s frustrating and stressful to learn that your claim has been denied after you were hurt in a car crash. You know you have been seriously injured, your friends and family know you have been seriously injured, and your doctor knows you have been seriously injured – yet the insurer is still finding ways to dismiss your claim.
It’s an upsetting situation to find yourself in, but know that it doesn’t have to be the end of the matter. If you think you’ve been a victim of bad faith insurance, you have a right to take legal action to correct the wrongdoing against you.
Insurance claims can be highly complex, but rest assured that with more than 33 years of experience, car accident lawyer Darwin Overson is absolutely committed to helping car accident victims exercise their legal rights and fight for the full coverage they deserve. Acting in bad faith is a violation of the law, and, depending on the situation, you may be able to recover compensation for your medical bills, pain and suffering, property damage, and other expenses caused by your automotive accident.
To set up a free, completely confidential legal consultation with Darwin, call the law offices of Overson Law at (801) 895-3143 today. It’s never too early in the morning or too late at night to contact our law offices, even on weekends. Our goal is to get accident victims the full compensation to which they are entitled.
Darwin serves clients in Salt Lake County, Summit County, Wasatch County, Morgan County, Davis County, Weber County, and throughout the state of Utah. He will keep your information absolutely confidential, and you will never be charged any fees unless Darwin is able to make a recovery for you.