Rich County Wrongful Death Attorney
Nothing is more painful than the untimely loss of a spouse or relative, especially when the victim’s death was caused by the careless acts of another. Talking to an attorney may be the last thing on your mind right now, but know that your family has legal rights and may be entitled to compensation. Our trusted law firm is here to help you hold the guilty party accountable for their reckless actions. Whenever you are prepared to talk about what happened, our attorneys will be here to help you seek justice and obtain the maximum compensation for your losses.
Schedule a Free Legal Consultation with a Utah Personal Injury Attorney at Overson Law
Utah wrongful death attorney Darwin Overson has more than three decades of experience representing the parents, children, and spouses of accidental death victims in Rich County, including Garden City, Randolph, Laketown, Woodruff, and other nearby communities. Darwin is more than willing to come to your location if you are unable to travel.
To arrange for a free legal consultation with Darwin, call the law offices of Overson Law at (801) 895-3143, including evenings and weekends. Your information will be kept confidential.
Garden City Wrongful Death Lawyers Handling Claims in Rich County, Utah
Utah defines wrongful death as a death “caused by the wrongful act or neglect of another.” This means a death caused by recklessness (disregard for a serious, unjustified risk), negligence (careless failure to avoid a preventable accident), or intentional misconduct. The surviving parents, children, and spouses of a wrongful death victim can recover compensation from the liable parties, whether they are businesses or individuals.
Preventable deaths have many different causes. Some types of wrongful death claims attorney Darwin Overson handles in Rich County include:
- Automotive Accidents — Automotive accidents are a leading cause of accidental death in the United States. Darwin has handled cases involving car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, bus accidents, bicycle accidents, subway accidents, and pedestrian accidents/crosswalk accidents.
- Dangerous Medications — Pharmaceutical litigation deals with dangerous and defective prescription drugs. Many medications that were once highly popular have been recalled or investigated due to a risk of serious, sometimes fatal complications. Potentially harmful prescription medications include Actos, AndroGel, and Pradaxa.
- Defective Products — The area of personal injury law that deals with defective products is called product liability. Various parties may be liable, such as manufacturers and retailers. All types of consumer products are subject to design defects, manufacturing defects, and inadequate warning labels (“failure to warn”), including clothing, furniture, toys, gadgets, food and drink, appliances, electrical cords, power tools, and decorations.
- Drowning Accidents — According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), unintentional drowning claims about 10 lives every day in the United States. These numbers spike during the hot summer months, when people flock to public pools and water parks. Babies and toddlers are at the greatest risk.
- Medical Malpractice — When a doctor makes a preventable mistake that another doctor with similar training and experience would have avoided, and a patient is harmed or killed as a result, the doctor has committed medical malpractice. This applies to surgeons, nurses, dentists, anesthesiologists, and all types of specialists.
- Slip and Fall Accidents — Slip and fall accidents are generally caused by inadequate property maintenance, which allows hazardous conditions like poor lighting and cracked steps to develop in an interior or exterior setting. The property owner could be liable if the fall was caused by a preventable hazard or defect. This is known as premises liability. Darwin handles slip and fall claims involving grocery stores, shopping malls, bars and restaurants, parking lots, parking garages, movie theatres, hotels and motels, department stores, sidewalks, apartment buildings, and other settings.
Darwin has handled lawsuits involving a wide range of catastrophic and fatal injuries, and knows what types of medical evidence to look for when proving the other party’s negligence. Darwin has experience handling injuries and medical conditions including:
- Blood Loss
- Bone Fractures
- Burn Injuries
- Heart Failure
- Internal Bleeding
- Neck Injuries
- Organ Failure
- Respiratory Failure
- Spinal Cord Injuries (SCI)
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
Getting Compensation for a Fatal Accident
Mourning the loss of a loved one takes all of your emotional energy. You shouldn’t have to be focused on fighting for compensation when you’re already dealing with so many changes and hardships. As your Rich County wrongful death lawyer, Darwin’s goal is to help lighten your burden as much as possible during this difficult time. You can rely on Darwin to handle all of your paperwork, explain your rights, prepare you for what to expect from the legal process, and provide aggressive representation in the interest of securing compensation for you and your family.
To schedule a free, completely confidential legal consultation with Darwin, call the law offices of Overson Law at (801) 895-3143. Darwin will help answer your questions so that you understand the next steps.