Morgan County Car Accident Lawyer
If you or one of your family members was injured in a car crash in Morgan County, you could be entitled to compensation if the other driver was at fault for causing the collision. The law firm of Overson Law can help you fight for full the compensation you may be entitled to.
Utah car accident lawyer Darwin Overson has over 33 years of experience handling personal injury claims in Morgan, Croydon, Peterson, Porterville, Mountain Green, Stoddard, Monte Verde, Richville, and other communities located in the Morgan County area. To set up a free legal consultation with Darwin, call the law offices of Overson Law right away at (801) 895-3143.
Utah Personal Injury Attorneys Handling Insurance Claims in Morgan County
Preventable crashes and collisions needlessly injure tens of thousands of Utah drivers every year. Dozens of these injuries occur within Morgan County. According to the Utah Department of Public Safety, Morgan County recorded 139 property damage only (PDO) crashes, 32 injury crashes, and three fatal crashes in 2014. As a result of these accidents, 45 people were injured and four people lost their lives.
Crashes can take place on rural roads, suburban streets, or in any sort of driving environment. However, hectic, congested intersections and highways are some of the main locations for car accidents in Morgan County. If you got into a serious accident on any of these major local roads, you should contact Darwin Overson immediately for legal assistance:
Darwin handles claims involving all different types of bone fractures, soft tissue injuries, and catastrophic injuries, including but not limited to:
- Back Injuries – Back injuries like bulging discs, herniated discs, and vertebral fractures are highly common in serious crashes. If the victim sustains a spinal cord injury (SCI), paralysis may result.
- Broken Bones – Common bone fractures caused by car accidents include arm fractures, leg fractures, collarbone fractures, rib fractures, ankle fractures, and pelvic fractures. Fractures to the small, delicate bones of the hands and feet are also common.
- Facial Injuries – Disfiguring facial injuries can occur if a driver or passenger strikes the steering wheel, windshield, or hard projections like door handles inside the car. Injuries like a broken nose or broken jaw may require facial reconstruction surgery or plastic surgery.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) – TBI can occur when the head is struck by an external object, or when the head is violently shaken by the force of impact, causing the brain to strike against the inner skull wall.
- Whiplash – Whiplash is the most common injury cited on car accident claims in the United States. Whiplash is a soft tissue injury that usually occurs in rear-end collisions when the neck is rapidly slammed back and forth by the impact. This causes muscle fibers and ligaments to stretch or tear completely, resulting in sprains and strains.
If you suffered from these or other injuries due to your accident, you should discuss the possibility of getting injury compensation with a Morgan County car accident attorney right away. While no legal action can take away the pain of your injury, the driver who hit you may be responsible for your medical bills and other losses.
How Much Compensation Can You Get for a Car Crash Injury?
The amount of compensation you can get for a car accident in Morgan County depends on many factors, including but not limited to:
- The costs you incurred, and are expected to incur in the future.
- The income you lost due to missing work while recuperating.
- The extent to which the injury will affect your earning capacity in the future.
Depending on the circumstances, compensation may be available for a variety of past and anticipated losses of both a financial and non-financial nature. Compensation for financial losses is called “economic damages,” while compensation for non-financial losses is called “non-economic damages.” (Sometimes, these terms are substituted with “special damages” and “general damages,” respectively.) But don’t worry about remembering all of this language right now – Darwin will manage all of the legal work on your behalf, always pushing aggressively for the greatest compensation available.
Car accident compensation may be available for your:
- Hospital Bills
- Lost Earnings
- Medical Bills
- Pain and Suffering
Some states fix limits, which are called “damages caps,” upon the amount of compensation injury victims can receive for various losses. However, Utah does not impose any caps on compensation for financial losses (e.g. medical bills, lost earnings).
Schedule a Free Legal Consultation with Our Utah Car Accident Injury Lawyers
Car accident injuries are emotionally and physically exhausting. When you’re already dealing with a serious injury, the last thing you want to do is sort through complicated insurance paperwork or enter into contentious negotiations with the other driver’s insurance company. Let crash injury lawyer Darwin Overson take care of handling your claim, so that you can focus on feeling better and spending time with your loved ones while you recuperate. While each claim is unique, Darwin’s goal never changes: recovering the maximum compensation possible so that you can get high-quality medical care without suffering through financial hardship.
If you think your accident was caused by the other driver, don’t wait another day to start reviewing your claim with an aggressive car accident lawyer in Morgan County. Call Darwin Overson at (801) 895-3143 as soon as possible for a free legal consultation. You won’t be charged a single fee unless we obtain compensation for you.