Cache County Wrongful Death Attorney
Nothing is more painful than the untimely loss of a loved one to a preventable accident. While nothing can undo the tragic events which have already taken place, your family has the right to get answers and to know the truth about what occurred. If the accident was caused by the careless or reckless actions of another person or a business, your family could be entitled to compensation for funeral expenses, medical bills, and other financial hardships.
The compassionate and experienced legal team at Overson Law, PLLC is there to help you understand your options and fight for accountability and justice. Call our law offices at (801) 895-3143 to talk about your claim in a free and confidential legal consultation.
Logan Wrongful Death Lawyers Handling Accident Claims in Cache County, Utah
It is important to choose an attorney who has extensive experience handling the type of injury or accident which resulted in the death of your loved one. With decades of experience handling a wide range of claims, Utah accidental death attorney Darwin Overson has an in-depth knowledge of numerous injuries and accident scenarios. Darwin knows precisely what details and pieces of evidence to look for when investigating the circumstances of a fatal accident in Cache County.
Darwin handles wrongful death claims involving:
- Auto Accidents — Each year, motor vehicle accidents are a leading cause of death throughout the United States. Most accidents are caused by negligent driver errors, such as speeding, texting, or falling asleep at the wheel. Darwin handles many types of vehicular accident claims, including car accidents, bus accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, and subway accidents. He also handles pedestrian accidents and bicycle accidents.
- Medical Malpractice — Malpractice describes the preventable injury, illness, or death of a patient caused by a doctor’s negligent medical care. Malpractice can involve surgical errors, medication errors, diagnostic errors, failure to sterilize medical equipment, and other problems in hospital or clinical settings.
- Product Liability — Product liability deals with deaths and injuries caused by using defective products. All types of consumer products can possess deadly hidden defects, including cars, auto accessories, foods, beverages, furniture items, toys, baby products, gadgets and appliances, power tools, prescription medications, and electronics.
- Slip and Fall Accidents — Many slip and fall accidents are caused by property hazards which develop because a landlord or property owner is negligent in their maintenance duties. Dim lighting, broken flooring, loose cords and cables, unrepaired leaks, unshoveled sidewalks, potholes, and other hazards can all lead to accidental falls.
As a highly experienced personal injury lawyer, Darwin has investigated countless catastrophic injuries, illnesses, and medical complications. Common types of fatal injuries include:
- Abdominal Injuries
- Blunt Force Injuries
- Cervical Fractures (Broken Neck)
- Chest Injuries
- Crush Injuries
- Facial Injuries
- Head Injuries
- Puncture Wounds
- Skull Fractures
- Spinal Cord Injuries (SCI)
- Third Degree Burns
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
- Undiagnosed Cancer
- Wound Infections
What Compensation is Available for Surviving Spouses and Relatives?
The worst loss you feel after the death of a loved one is the grief and emotional suffering. However, the financial loss can also have devastating impacts on your family. Though no amount of money can ever make up for the tragedy, compensation can help to restore your family’s financial stability by providing for losses and expenses caused by the accident, including:
- Burial Expenses
- Funeral Expenses
- Hospital Bills
- Lost Benefits
- Lost Income
- Medical Bills
Depending on the circumstances, it may be more appropriate to make an insurance claim or file a lawsuit against the person or company responsible for the accident. As your Cache County wrongful death lawyer, Darwin Overson will help you understand the legal and financial paths your matter could potentially take. You may be able to recover compensation if you can prove that the other party breached their duty of care to your loved one, resulting in an otherwise avoidable fatal accident or fatal injury.
Some states impose limits on compensation, which are called “damages caps.” Until recently, Utah capped certain damages in medical malpractice-related wrongful death cases at $450,000, but ruled these caps unconstitutional in 2015. Compensation for financial losses, such as funeral and medical expenses, are not limited.
Schedule a Free Legal Consultation with Our Utah Lawyers
Injury attorney Darwin Overson has been handling wrongful death claims in Cache County and other locations throughout Utah for more than 33 years. Bringing decades of legal experience to every matter, Darwin is armed with the knowledge, skill, and dedication it takes to approach complex, challenging cases.
Darwin understands that this is an extremely difficult time for you and your family. He wants to do all he can to lighten your burden and provide support. You will always be treated with empathy and compassion.
Darwin represents the children, parents, and spouses of wrongful death victims in Logan, Hyrum, Hyde Park, Lewiston, Providence, River Heights, Nibley, Mendon, and other communities throughout Cache County and the surrounding area. If you cannot travel, Darwin can come to your location. To arrange for a free, confidential legal consultation with Darwin, call the law offices of Overson Law at (801) 895-3143. We are here to support you.