Box Elder County Car Accident Lawyer
Even a minor car accident can cause major disruptions to your daily life. A serious accident, such as a high-speed head-on collision, can have devastating long-term effects on your finances, your health, your personal life, and your career. If you were recently injured in a crash or collision in Box Elder County, you probably have many questions about what to expect in the weeks and months to come. Who is liable for the accident? Who will pay for your medical bills? And how much compensation can you get for your injuries?
With more than three decades of legal experience representing injury victims, Box Elder County auto accident lawyer Darwin Overson can help you find answers to all of those questions. Darwin has built a reputation for providing aggressive, results-oriented legal representation, and is unafraid to take powerful insurance companies to court if necessary. Darwin’s goal is to secure the maximum compensation possible for you and your loved ones, even if you were partially at fault for the crash.
To schedule a free legal consultation with Darwin, call the law offices of Overson Law, PLLC right away at (801) 895-3143. Darwin is here to help answer your questions and evaluate whether you have a claim.
Brigham City Auto Accident Attorneys Representing Injury Victims in Box Elder County
In over 33 years practicing personal injury law, attorney Darwin Overson has encountered and analyzed a huge range of crash and injury types. He brings to each claim extensive knowledge of how and why preventable accidents and injuries occur, which has enabled him to repeatedly obtain favorable results for clients who were involved in complex multi-vehicle accident situations.
Some common car accident injuries you may be suffering from include:
- Back Injuries
- Bulging Disc
- Herniated Disc
- Spinal Cord Injuries (SCI)
- Vertebral Fracture
- Bone Fractures
- Burn Injuries
- Cuts and Bruises (Lacerations and Contusions)
- Facial Injuries
- Hand Injuries
- Head Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Joint Injuries (Shoulder, Hip, Knee, Elbow)
- Neck Injuries
- Nerve Damage
- Skin Abrasion/Road Rash
- Sprains and Strains
- Wrist Injuries
Common types of car accidents you may have been involved in include:
- Chain Reaction Accidents
- Head-On Collisions
- Intersection Collisions
- Parking Lot Crashes
- Rear-End Collisions
- Rollover Accidents
- T-Bone Accidents/Side-Impact Collisions
While crashes can take place anywhere within the county, high-speed, high-traffic roads like highways typically see more accidents than quiet rural or residential streets. Some major crash sites in Box Elder County include:
How Much Compensation Can You Get for a Car Accident in Utah?
In order for you to obtain compensation for your car accident injuries, a few conditions must be met:
- You must either suffer specific types of injuries (dismemberment, permanent disability, permanent disfigurement, or permanent impairment) or exhaust your Personal Injury Protection (PIP) benefits, the minimum amount of which is $3,000, before you can make a claim with the other driver’s insurance company.
- You must be able to prove, with evidence to support your assertions, that the other driver was at fault for the accident. You can still recover compensation if you were partially responsible for the collision, but only if you were less than 50% at fault. This concept is called modified comparative negligence.
Depending on the circumstances, you can potentially recover compensation for various costs and losses including:
- Hospital Bills
- Income Losses
- Medical Bills
- Pain and Suffering
Utah does not limit the amount of compensation crash victims can receive for financial losses like medical bills, including ambulance rides, crutches, wheelchairs, casts, stitches, physical therapy, inpatient hospitalization, medical scans (e.g. X-rays, MRIs), surgical procedures, and other costs. Factors that impact how much compensation you can recover include:
- Your medical costs.
- The permanence of the injury.
- How long you are expected to be out of work.
- The emotional and psychological impacts of the injury.
- The extent to which your future earning capacity is affected.
- The extent to which fault was shared, if at all.
Schedule a Free Consultation with a Utah Personal Injury Attorney
You shouldn’t have to pick up the bill for a careless driver’s negligent actions. If the driver who hit you was drunk, distracted, drowsy, or reckless, you should talk to an experienced Box Elder County car crash lawyer about the possibility of getting compensated. Human errors like speeding, ignoring red lights, ignoring stop signs, and tailgating are all common causes of preventable collisions. Overson will thoroughly investigate exactly what occurred leading up to your accident in the effort to prove the other driver was at fault for your injuries.
To talk about your car accident claim in a free legal consultation, call the law offices of Overson Law, PLLC right away at (801) 895-3143. Darwin represents accident victims in Brigham City, Bear River City, Corinne, Garland, Willard, Perry, Honeyville, Tremonton, Howell, Mantua, Elwood, Portage, Thatcher, and other locations in and around Box Elder County.